At Luckie, our analytics practice is made up of analysts, data scientists, and researchers who are responsible for data collection, management, modeling, analysis, and insights.
We are looking for a Director of Analytics who will lead the team in day-to-day as well as support the VP of BI and Analytics Solutions in driving our vision forward.
This role will work closely with functional team members, strategy, media, development, and creative to develop actionable insights, measurement strategies, and ultimately drive data-driven decision-making to improve marketing and business outcomes.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Teach, mentor, lead, and manage a team of analysts and data scientists through day-to-day deliverables as well as development planning
- Provide differing perspectives, ideas, or approaches to direct reports as well as collaborative powers
- Acquire data in various formats stored across disparate systems to create a unified view of the customer, business, category, and marketing activities
- Support digital initiatives with tagging, QA, UTM, and measurement best practices
- Develop and oversee measurement plans customized to each client’s individual needs and objectives
- Act as a liaison between the analytics team and strategy, connections strategy, development, and technology.
- Oversee and improve modeling outcomes for logistic, linear, and non-linear methods relating to MMM and attribution.
- Oversee and improve translation of our proprietary approach to multi-dimensional customer segmentation (including cluster analysis methods, reduction methods, etc.)
- Ensure visualization best practices are leveraged across all reporting and dashboards
- Provide recommendations on best technology for dashboards, data storage, etc. based on client needs
- Participate in fast-paced client pitches including delivery of insights, proposing BI solutions, and presenting with the pitch team
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong communication skills: the ability to flex to various personalities in a leadership capacity, the ability to partner within the organization for the greater benefit of the team
- Experience giving feedback and coaching at various levels of experience
- High level of competence with relational data concepts
- Experience modeling and overseeing models built in SAS, SPSS, R, Python, etc.
- Ability to translate complex mathematical concepts to less data-savvy stakeholders
- Understanding of data flowing in and out of marketing systems and technologies
- Ideally: Bachelors/Masters degree in a quantitative discipline such as economics, statistics, business analytics, or data science
- Experience with tools like Google Analytics, Omniture, Adobe, or comparable web analytics tool
- Execution or understanding of core analytics methodologies (regression, cluster analysis, factor analysis, and decision trees)